[vlc-devel] I'm facing two problems when building recent VLC nightly snapshots

Xavion xavion.0 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 23:20:47 CET 2013

Hi All,

These questions might have been covered in other threads, but I can't seem
to find them.  Basically, I'm having trouble building the latest VLC
nightly snapshots on my 64-bit Arch Linux system.

The first problem is that I'm forced to install a 32-bit edition of the Lua
compiler.  The second problem is that I must switch from FFmpeg to Libav.
If I don't do both of these things, VLC fails to build.

I'm wondering whether these problems are caused by something I'm doing
wrongly.  If that's the case, let me know what I should be doing
differently.  If not, when will you be fixing these issues?

The January 7 nightly snapshot is the latest one that doesn't contain
either of these problems.  I've been staying with it for now, but users of
my "vlc-nightly <https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/vlc-nightly/>" AUR
package are wanting something newer.

--
Regards, Xavion.