[vlc-devel] [Religion] Tag and fork or fork and tag?

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sun May 5 12:37:52 CEST 2013

Hello,

It's going to be soon the time were we have to split 2.1 from trunk/2.2.

Since, we've done different thing all the time,
Do we
 - tag the repo, and detach the head on the same commit,
 - tag the repo, and detach the head on the next commit,
 - detach the head, tag the new repo,
 - detach the head, tag both ?

I know this is a religious issue, but well :)

For 2.0, 1.3.0-git was only tagged in vlc.git and not in vlc-2.0.git.
I think this was a bad idea, since everytime you update the remotes, the
tag arrives again...

Best regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf