[vlc-devel] FYI: Serious bug in old LIVE555 library versions - affecting VLC

Steinar H. Gunderson sgunderson at bigfoot.com
Wed Nov 27 14:12:15 CET 2013

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 03:03:22AM -1000, Ross Finlayson wrote:
>> Well that is good to know but where is the the patch?
> I'm sorry, but I simply don't know what you're talking about.
>
> I've told you what you need to do to get an up-to-date, reliable version of our software.

He wants the minimal change to fix the issue in question. As he said,
upgrading live555 to the newest version will include a lot of other changes,
too, which is not an option for the many distributions carrying VLC with
live555 -- especially not to a snapshot that's not even a release.

If you are unwilling or unable to give out such a patch, one of the following
two will happen:

 1. The distributions in question will need to dig through your source code
    repository, trying to figure out the information you're not giving out
    (the minimal patch). This is possible but wasteful.
 2. The issue will remain unfixed.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/