[vlc-devel] Proposed bounty

Rob Jonson rob at hobbyistsoftware.com
Thu Apr 3 18:56:38 CEST 2014

Hi Folks,

following discussion on IRC yesterday, it seems that sout_display doesn't
support volume control or audio-delay controls.

If there are no objections, I'd like to offer a EUR500 bounty for enabling
these. (Actually, Hobbyist Software Ltd would be offering it).

Just to be clear - what I would like to be able to do is:

1) send a request over http like this

/requests/status.json?command=in_enqueue&input=file:///<filename>&option=:sout=
#transcode <irc://irc.freenode.org/#transcode>
{acodec=mp3}:duplicate{dst=display{delay=1000},dst=
gather:std{mux=mpeg1,dst=:8080/stream,access=http},select="novideo"}

2) control the volume in the main window using the http interface and the
standard GUI interface

3) control the audio delay in the main window using the http interface
and the standard GUI interface

thoughts?

thanks,

Rob

--

Hobbyist Software is a trading name of Hobbyist Software Limited.
Registered office 12 Fraley Rd, Bristol, BS93BS. Registered in England.