[vlc-devel] [RFC] Equalizer cannot be disabled once equalizer-bands are set

David Fuhrmann david.fuhrmann at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 23:53:14 CEST 2014

Am 13.04.2014 um 22:34 schrieb Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>:

> Le vendredi 11 avril 2014, 12:19:11 David Fuhrmann a écrit :
>> While debugging the current equalizer problems on the mac (#9350), I found
>> out that the equalizer never gets disabled once "equalizer-bands“ is set to
>> some value.
>
> I believe that was intended, that the equalizer gets automatically enabled
> when bands are specified.

Yes, it seems so. Still, this undermines the whole purpose of the audio-filter string (and aout_ChangeFilterString) which seems quite awkward.

And the behavior looks inconsistent w.r.t. all other audio filters which also have their own variables. So I’m not that happy with this situation.

With best regards,
David