[vlc-devel] Job position related to vlc in Booxmedia

Ilkka Ollakka ileoo at videolan.org
Thu Apr 17 12:41:31 CEST 2014

Like title states, VLC sout related position (not purely just vlc coding) is
open in Booxmedia https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/13338145

Required skills:
- Working in Linux server environment
- Good understanding of IP networks
- Good understanding of HTTP protocol
- Good understanding of video streaming and playback over internet, mainly HLS
- Able to understand C/Python/Bash/SQL code

Desired skills:
- Msc/Bsc in computer engineering or related skills
- Experience of open source software projects
- Video encoding skills
- Basic understanding off MPEG-TS container

and I don't think we require relocation into Helsinki area. Also video
encoding skills is just that applicant has some clue on video
codecs/generally hands on experience on video encoding tools and stuff.

You can contact me via irc/email/ and if I can't answer I'll forward you
to people who can give you answers related to this position.

--
Ilkka Ollakka
I have accepted Provolone into my life!