[vlc-devel] Build broken with latest git pull

Son Tran son.minh.tran at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 09:54:58 CEST 2014

Dear David,
I have to bother you again. In fact, as you observed, I had no longer a
problem with X11 while compiling qt module with the latest vlc git. But I
still have the following two issues:
-pkg-config seems not work well in my system, it found no contribs libs, I
had to make manually all variables <MODULE>_CFLAGS and <MODULE>_LIBS in the
configure script. The PKG_CONFIG_PATH was however well set with the
configure script !
-The most serious problem is to compile qt. Undefining functions, no
memeber class .... are the errors. Surely because I specified manually
QT_LIBS. My question is that which pc file  I should take as example to add
the missing library: qt.pc qt5.pc .... By the way, why does vlc have both
qt and qt5, which one is used?
Please give me some hint to overcome this problem. It is no sense to
compile window vlc missing all GUI and third party modules :-)
Best regards
Son