[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] demux: ts: include time.h

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sat Aug 16 20:15:13 CEST 2014

Le samedi 16 août 2014, 22:37:04 Francois Cartegnie a écrit :
> You already know I'm the one to blame for validating it.
> I'll just fix his code.

I already fixed the memory race.

However, I find the lack of considerations for DST very suspicious. Looking at
the code, I assume the EIT time values are expressed in local time.

If on the one hand the code is only meant for within Japan, then I think a
fixed offset of minus nine hours may actually be better: the values will be
computed correctly even if the computer is not in JST.

If on the other hand the code targets in all ISDB countries, then DST handling
should be required for Chile, Paraguay, and some of Brazil's states.

And then Brazil has several time zones, yet the streams are probably identical
across them.

http://www.remlab.net/