[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] vdpau/avcodec: fix build for older ffmpeg

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Mon Feb 10 15:26:27 CET 2014

On 02/06/14 17:32, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Feb 2014 10:58:14 -0500, Tristan Matthews
> <le.businessman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 3:36 AM, Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>
>> wrote:
> Wed

>>> You are merging an *INCORRECT* patch that contradicts earleir
>>> discussions.
>>> Please remove this now or I will have to revert it.
>>
>> OK.
>>
>>> For the technical aspects, please refer to archives.
>>
>> I guess you mean
>> https://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vlc-devel/2013-April/092607.html
>> etc.
>
> Yes, that.

"""
Even if
someone is willing to waste their time writing the tests, the maintainance
burden will still fall on the core VLC developers. This is unacceptable to
me.
"""

Well we (me and j-b?) are doing that already, I do not see why this
patch should
be removed while we use the same macro elsewhere in avcodec code.

We did not take position (*) for one side or the other so we should
continue to support both.

(*) We did take the position of shipping FFmpeg in our binaries though.