[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] MMDevice: only WASAPI lacks S/PDIF support so far (refs #6827)

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Feb 20 18:56:07 CET 2014

Le jeudi 20 février 2014, 18:25:25 Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
> > you disabled the code some time ago.
>
> Did I?

Well OK, it seems you never merged the patch. But the WASAPI code should be
effectively dead anyway.

> > Otherwise the sync is the *same* function
> > whether using DirectSound or MMDevice. Except for
> > IDirectSoundBuffer_GetCurrentPosition() failure or trivially inverted
> > logic, the result will be the same.
>
> I will do longer testing then...

I cannot test anything since the current git generates unusable executables.
Even then, I only have Wine and Windows XP installed here.

Disable the code if you want, but I think it is impossible to make device hot
plug (and hot unplug) work properly without MMDevice.

--
Реми Денис-Курмон
http://www.remlab.net/