[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] MMDevice: only WASAPI lacks S/PDIF support so far (refs #6827)

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Thu Feb 20 19:02:04 CET 2014

On 20 Feb, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> Le jeudi 20 février 2014, 18:25:25 Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
> > > you disabled the code some time ago.
> >
> > Did I?
>
> Well OK, it seems you never merged the patch. But the WASAPI code should be

Of course, because people objected.

> > > Otherwise the sync is the *same* function
> > > whether using DirectSound or MMDevice. Except for
> > > IDirectSoundBuffer_GetCurrentPosition() failure or trivially inverted
> > > logic, the result will be the same.
> >
> > I will do longer testing then...
>
> I cannot test anything since the current git generates unusable executables.
> Even then, I only have Wine and Windows XP installed here.

You should delete your lib*pthread*dll and complain to your packager.
You should also use depends.exe to see the issues.

> Disable the code if you want, but I think it is impossible to make device hot
> plug (and hot unplug) work properly without MMDevice.

This is probably very true, but I don't have many ideas to suggest.

With my kindest regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734