[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] src: split darwin threading code from the generic posix implementation

Ilkka Ollakka ileoo at videolan.org
Thu Jan 9 15:59:28 CET 2014

On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 12:58:26PM +0200, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
>     Hello,

> Le vendredi 27 décembre 2013, 16:29:56 Rafaël Carré a écrit :
> > http://www.videolan.org/developers/vlc/doc/doxygen/html/posix_2thread_8c.html#a383ba5899d52e9e8515579c301d61068

> > http://www.videolan.org/developers/vlc/doc/doxygen/html/darwin_2thread_8c.html#a383ba5899d52e9e8515579c301d61068

> > Not sure what's getting ignored here.

> I do not know how Doxygen deals with this situation. W.r.t. <vlc_threads.h> if
> it sees conflicting documentation for a single function, Doxygen could:
> - discard all copies,
> - show all of them, or
> - pick one and discard the other one(s).

It seems to pick one and discard the other one atleast when checking
what the links show now.

> Well, suit yourself. Personally I do not earn money from VLC development at
> this point and thus I do not need good publicity. I won't stop making negative
> review comments just because of you.

And you should not stop making reviews.

> > Why aren't you explicit instead of playing guessing games?

> This is baseless accusations. And you know it because we already discussed
> this 5 months ago.

I think Remi could have used littlebit less capslock on original reply
(it's not cruise control for cool) and Rafaël jumped quite easily
into this thread and stuff were again borderline personal.

I think Rafael could have acted more on sprit of code of conduct and
restrained to escalate the thread and Remi could have do the same by
using less of caps lock. But now it's new year and we all can move
onward from this?

--
Ilkka Ollakka
QOTD: