[vlc-devel] Support for ONVIF Profile G

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Jul 15 10:23:58 CEST 2014

    Hello,

Le 2014-07-14 21:39, David R. Robison a écrit :
> Thanks for the pointers. The reason for strings is because they match
> the arguments in the RTSPClient::sendPlayCommand command from the
> live
> code.

And how does that work if the underlying stream is _not_ from an RTSP
URL?

The standard for time representation in VLC is scalar, not string.

> The only other approach I thought of was to use more command line
> arguments, but I was afraid of adding too many command line arguments
> and it would serve only the RTSP interface with the live555 code. Is
> there any other approach you can think of? From reading you post it
> seems there will need to be some structure to send data from the core
> to the different plugins, in this case the demux plugin. Has this
> been
> done before? Is there such a structure?

If the parameters are potentially useful from demux instantiation all
the way until destruction, you need to extend demux_t. If the parameters
are only useful at start-up, adding parameters to the activation
function prototype is cleaner.