[vlc-devel] Problems cross compiling to windows according to Win32Compile

David R. Robison david.robison at openroadsconsulting.com
Wed Jul 23 17:54:24 CEST 2014

So, while it compiled, are you saying it may not have correctly cross
compiled for the Win64 environment? Is there something else I should
have done to make it work? If the code is "wrong in general" then how do
I get it to work in the cross compile environment I am running (mingw
with Ubuntu)? I followed the directions from the Wiki page. Was there
something I missed?
David

David R Robison
Open Roads Consulting, Inc.
103 Watson Road, Chesapeake, VA 23320
phone: (757) 546-3401
e-mail: david.robison at openroadsconsulting.com
web: http://openroadsconsulting.com
blog: http://therobe.blogspot.com
book: http://www.xulonpress.com/bookstore/bookdetail.php?PB_ISBN=9781597816526

On 7/23/2014 11:02 AM, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le 2014-07-23 17:40, David R. Robison a écrit :
>> I was able to solve the problem as outlined in the following thread:
>> https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=118201 [1]
>>  The trick was to undo the following change to configure.ac
>>
>>  - AS_IF([test "$build" = "$host" -o "$PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR"], [
>>  - export
>> PKG_CONFIG_PATH="${CONTRIB_DIR}/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH"
>>  - ], [
>>  - export PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR="${CONTRIB_DIR}/lib/pkgconfig"
>>  - ])
>>  + export
>> PKG_CONFIG_PATH="${CONTRIB_DIR}/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH"
>
> And that prevents importing cross-compilation packages from the
> system's cross-compilation environment. Maybe that works for you but
> that is wrong in general.
>
>>  Doing that allowed the compile to complete.
>
> In other words, you attempted to cross-compile with one or more build
> environment variables missing or set for native compilation.

This email communication (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged material intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email immediately.