[vlc-devel] Possible bug in authors_list.sh?

vikram fugro vikram.fugro at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 09:02:02 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I was just playing around with authors_list.sh script and noticed a
possible bug in it. My name doesn't come up in the newly generated
new_AUTHORS file. Debugging further, I saw that my name strangely comes up
in translators.txt (in temp_update_AUTHORS dir). Not sure why my name is in
that file. My last and the only commit in videolan is "
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=commit;h=074be88bc3b00af0c1feb211dec8244497530803
"..

This is where in authors_list.sh, my name get filtered out
echo "Removing translators from the git log"
# Remove translators. (Commiters with the same count in /po and total and
hence are listed twice). Then the commit counter is removed
cat temp_update_AUTHORS/all_git.txt
temp_update_AUTHORS/po_git.txt|sort|uniq -u |sed 's/[0-9 \t]*\(.*\)/\1/g' |
sort|uniq> temp_update_AUTHORS/coders_only.txt

Thanks,
- Vikram