[vlc-devel] Possible bug in authors_list.sh?

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Wed Jun 4 20:25:22 CEST 2014

Hello!

On 04 Jun 2014, at 09:02, vikram fugro <vikram.fugro at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was just playing around with authors_list.sh script and noticed a possible bug in it. My name doesn't come up in the newly generated new_AUTHORS file. Debugging further, I saw that my name strangely comes up in translators.txt (in temp_update_AUTHORS dir). Not sure why my name is in that file. My last and the only commit in videolan is "http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=commit;h=074be88bc3b00af0c1feb211dec8244497530803”..

This script was mostly uploaded to not get lost and maybe to point out obvious mistakes in it. I was not meant to be the only way to update the AUTHORS file.

Maybe I even have a newer version somewhere.
In any case, the obvious fix is:

Get another patch merged. If it does not include modifications in the po folder, you’ll be in.
;-)

> This is where in authors_list.sh, my name get filtered out
> echo "Removing translators from the git log"
> # Remove translators. (Commiters with the same count in /po and total and hence are listed twice). Then the commit counter is removed

The comment should have explained why you were removed..

Another way would be having the script counting translator updates only on po/*po instead of the whole folder.

Regards

Christoph