[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] configure: unbreak cross-pkg-config support with contrib

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Mar 4 08:21:13 CET 2014

On Tue, 4 Mar 2014 00:39:42 +0100, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org>
wrote:
> On 03 Mar, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
>> No. I have no access (to my knowledge) to the buildbots, and even if I
>
> This is untrue: you have access to it.

To my knowledge, I did not have access. And if I do, I still don't even
know how.

>> (Note that the Windows packaging is broken since over a year, if
>> following
>> the official Wiki instructions. I guess the build bots rely on
>> undocumented
>> local hacks and/or old build tool versions.)
>
> They don't have hacks, and they work fine.

Overriding the LIBDIR in configure is a hack and I already explained it
multiple times.

> Windows building even works on Windows, natively, if you know enough
> about autotools.
>
> The Debian packager of mingw decided to not use the default flags, while
> not recommended. Complaints can go there...

This is ridiculous. This is an UPSTREAM pkg-config feature as already
explained in this thread. Twice. Actually, that's three times with the
commit log.

Sent from my collocated server