[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] configure: unbreak cross-pkg-config support with contrib

Ilkka Ollakka ileoo at videolan.org
Thu Mar 6 07:31:36 CET 2014

Hi,

I don't know that much about pkg-config/autotools/cross-compiling, just
chipping in as tone went littelbit offtopic.

On Tue, Mar 04, 2014 at 11:19:17AM +0100, Rafaël Carré wrote:
> On 03/04/14 11:12, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> > On Tue, 04 Mar 2014 10:59:49 +0100, Rafaël Carré <funman at videolan.org>
> > wrote:

> >> mingw-w64-tools does not and will not provide pkg-config.

> > In Debian, it does. I got there by following the wiki Win32 compilation
> > instructions by the way. And they do claim to support my Debian version for
> > build.

> Sure we claim to support the ever moving Debian sid, and it never breaks.

> There is also the option of talking to me directly about the problems
> you have,
> but I'm sure you never considered doing this.

I think it's reasonable to assume that wiki instructions are pretty much
ok as it has been linked quite a lot to people who want to do
cross-compilations.

But also I think it's somewhat unrealistic to assume that Remi would
contact you on some issue taking account the history if you two
fighting about things.

> >> Thanks for showing you don't know anything about mingw-w64 either.

I think this sentence could have been formatted in much more
constructive form instead of blaming someone of some small detail that
has been maybe missed.

> And I told them how to fix it... But as you refuse talking to me (and
> people
> tell me that it looks like a small child behaviour) you would of course
> not get
> the advice straight from the source.

The whole idea that Remi doesn't want to talk with you and you bringing
it up constantly is really really offtopic and shouldn't belong to this
list. It's an issue that need some taking care of, but I don't think
this is the place to try to handle it at all.

I know that you are reasonable guy and have empathy towards others too.
So please take this just a reminder that you are usually good guy too
and not that I'm just blaming people.

--
Ilkka Ollakka
Any program which runs right is obsolete.