[vlc-devel] Glitching at start of MPEG2 streams

Alex Woods alex at packetship.com
Tue Mar 18 12:32:14 CET 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 08:10:27PM +0200, Ilkka Ollakka wrote:
> I didn't yet have time to check actual code, but yes, there has quite a
> lot of code to work-around old libavcodec issues in past that nobody
> just didn't check again and remove.

The original commit for the code is here:
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=commitdiff;h=eaefb8508dba22fb04193241347a072caac34cf1;hp=59df84393165bc327fca9ba45dd280793a3bfe48

It suggests the first frame of the stream was getting dropped. I'm not
seeing any evidence of a frame getting dropped without this code, but I
have no idea how to recreate the conditions it was originally getting
seen in. Is my best bet to mail the author (Laurent Aimar) direct to see
if he recalls?

Thanks.

--
Alex