[vlc-devel] Problem with fullscreen mode on Mac

David Fuhrmann david.fuhrmann at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 19:38:58 CET 2014

Am 23.03.2014 um 18:10 schrieb Ron Frederick <ronf at timeheart.net>:

> On Mar 23, 2014, at 8:11 AM, David Fuhrmann <david.fuhrmann at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello Ron,
>>
>> Am 23.03.2014 um 15:15 schrieb Ron Frederick <ronf at timeheart.net>:
>>> Experimenting with this a bit more, I see the behavior changes depending on whether I quit & restart VLC after I turn off “native fullscreen”.
>>
>> As I said, you need to restart VLC after changing the option. :-)
>>
>> I really appreciate your explanations, but please keep the following in mind:
>> Your user report better belong to the bug tracker or the forums, not to this developer mailing list.
>>
>> We specifically enabled native fullscreen mode by default on Mavericks, because they are problems with the old mode. This already has become better in VLC 2.2. So I would like to ask you to test a 2.2 nightly build, and file a bug report per problem you see, with information to reproduce, on our bug tracker.
>>
>> Thanks for your support and for your tests.
>
> Thanks, David. That’s a good point about the list — sorry about that. I joined this list a few years ago when I was actively working on fixing problems like this myself, but I’ve had some trouble since upgrading to Xcode 5 getting VLC to build properly on Mavericks. More on-topic for this list, is that working yet? If so, is there documentation somewhere about it? The page at https://wiki.videolan.org/OSXCompile/ still refers to OSX 10.5/10.6 and Xcode 3/4, both of which are pretty old at this point.

The wiki page is quite up to date, and compilation on Mavericks works fine as long as you use the prebuilt contribs (x86_64-apple-darwin10
). For UI-related changes (xib), we still have Xcode 3 around, though. If you have any compilation problems feel free to ask me privately or on IRC - we will happily help you on that.

>  so I have files that as bug #11059 in the VLC bug tracker, and found a workaround for it (which I’ve also documented there).

Thanks, I will take a look later.

With best regards,
David