[vlc-devel] contribs issues in Linux 64 bits architecture /2

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed May 28 04:07:53 CEST 2014

Le 2014-05-27 23:50, Gilles Sabourin a écrit :
> Sorry, this mail was truncated by my email client...
>
> So, In addition to mix the paths of libraries in both $(HOST)/lib64
> and $(HOST)/lib, the same problem occurs for pkgconfig directories:

The VLC contribs only add its own output directory to pkg-config, it
does not touch the existing pkg-config path(s) in case of native builds.
So I do not see a problem for native Linux amd64.

Furthermore, "lib64" is deprecated by Linux distributions.

> So, IMO, there is a quite important rework here, but I think it's
> worth doing the job...

At least for the native case, I see no need to rework anything at all.
For cross-compilation, it is debatable how contribs should determine the
correct pkg-config settings.