[vlc-devel] Cross-compiling for Win32 on Ubuntu x86_64 fails

Jarrad Whitaker jarrad.whitaker at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 17:18:06 CET 2014

Yes this is what I meant by HiDPI, but I figured most of my effort
would be in getting win32 to build anyway for testing (which is
proving true!) so I started there first. I also lack a current hi-dpi
Linux environment to test in (though of course this can be mucked with
easily).

contrib is building from scratch now. Had issues with the first
package with a dependency: PKG_CONFIG_PATH has been properly exported,
but if I hack an echo into aribb's configure script it seems to be
getting reset to my system's /usr/x86_64-w64-mingw32/lib/pkgconfig.
Aribb thus fails to find libpng and hence build. libpng is sitting
happily in the proper config lib dir, as are its entries in
/pkgconfig. I have mucked around this for now by symlinking the sys
directory to the one in vlc's contrib, but just FYI this is all with
the default config and build instructions.

Thanks for the speedy responses!
Jarrad