[vlc-devel] Cross-compiling for Win32 on Ubuntu x86_64 fails

Jarrad Whitaker jarrad.whitaker at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 03:32:25 CET 2014

using the hack to disable npapi at
https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=118201 , vlc has
built. Woohoo!
However when running, it appears it cannot load any plugins (for
example, warning: core libvlc warning: cannot load module `C:\Program
Files\VideoLAN\VLC\plugins\gui\libqt4_plugin.dll' (The specified
module could not be found. (error 126)) ).
If I copy the plugins along with libgcc_s_seh-1.dll from the latest
official nightly, then those copied plugins *will* work. However as I
am wanting to be playing with plugin compilation this is not really a
solution. I have tried running gdb but nothing of huge interest pops
up beyond the above plugin load errors.

As always, help appreciated :(