[vlc-devel] subtitle delay in android

Maria Gheorghe reclamamulta at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 14:09:50 CEST 2014

This 2 functions need to be added to jni/libvlcjni.c  in order VLC for
android to have subtitle delay.
I think this are just ok ,I'm not 100% sure if something else need but I
think only this 2.
//      ***LibVLC setSpuDelay***
//
//     Set the subtitle delay. This affects the timing of when the subtitle
will
//     be displayed. Positive values result in subtitles being displayed
later,
//     while negative values will result in subtitles being displayed
earlier.
//
//     The subtitle delay will be reset to zero each time the media changes.
//
//     param p_mi media player
//     param i_delay time (in microseconds) the display of subtitles should
be delayed
//    version LibVLC 1.2.0 or later

jint Java_org_videolan_vlc_LibVLC_setSpuDelay(JNIEnv *env, jobject thiz,
jint delay)
{
  libvlc_media_player_t *mp = getMediaPlayer(env, thiz);

  if (mp)
   return (jint) libvlc_video_set_spu_delay(mp, delay); //return 0 on
success, -1 on error

  return -1;
}

//     ***LibVLC getSpuDelay***
//
//    Get the current subtitle delay. Positive values means subtitles are
being
//     displayed later, negative values earlier.
//
//    param p_mi media player
//    return time (in microseconds) the display of subtitles is being
delayed
//    version LibVLC 1.2.0 or later
//

jint Java_org_videolan_vlc_LibVLC_getSpuDelay(JNIEnv *env, jobject thiz)
{
   libvlc_media_player_t *mp = getMediaPlayer(env, thiz);

   if (mp)
   return (jint) libvlc_video_get_spu_delay(mp);

   return -1;
}
the problem is i dont have a server configured to compile libvlc now and
test