[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] chromecast: remove useless BUILT_SOURCES

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun Oct 19 20:11:26 CEST 2014

Le dimanche 19 octobre 2014, 19:24:18 Adrien Maglo a écrit :
> Is it written somewhere that I should run "make distcheck" before
> sending a patch that modifies the build system?

In several places, yes.

> > Sorry, some people are not as smart as you...
> "bullshit"?

The sempiternal excuse whereby I would be smarter than other developers is
bullshit, yes. In fact, as far as I know, JB, you and me all have the same
qualifications.

I can understand it from students, but I am rather tired of it from commercial
developers.

> Do you think I spent two days trying to find a fix without
> any success for the great pleasure of loosing my time?

No. I think it´s a sad waste of time. But I also think it was almost totally
invisible to the developers.

You seem to have interpreted my mail as saying your work would have been
bullshit. I factually never wrote that, and obviously did not mean such thing.

http://www.remlab.net/