No subject

Wed Aug 5 14:32:43 CEST 2015

that. So I'd again greatly appreciate it if it were done.

But to do the job properly there should be a routine that converts
seconds to a nice hour/minute/second string. In
modules/access/cdda/access.c, I have this:

static
char * secs2TimeStr( int64_t i_sec )
{
  int h = i_sec / 3600;
  int m = ( i_sec / 60 ) % 60;
  int s = i_sec % 60;
  static char buffer[20];

  snprintf(buffer, 20, "%d:%2.2d:%2.2d", h, m, s);
  return buffer;
}

which in turn is derived from code in modules/demux/mkv.cpp. If such a
routine already exists or gets added, it would great to remove the
duplication of code.

 > One could actually add a author parameter to playlist_AddExt. Then we could
 > stop exporting playlist_AddItem because the usage of that is really nasty.

I'm all for it too. ;-)

 > Look at input_InfoCategory() and input_AddInfo() here:
 > http://developers.videolan.org/vlc/vlc/doc/doxygen/html/input__ext-plugins_8h.html#a28
 > http://developers.videolan.org/vlc/vlc/doc/doxygen/html/input__ext-plugins_8h.html#a29
 > These will show up in View->File info... and this is the right place for
 > such information in my opinion.

Okay. That's what I've done. Thanks!

I know others have problems with this, will comment on that in turn...