[vlc-devel] VLC reading SDP files does not re-connect with "--loop"

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Aug 4 14:45:55 CEST 2015

Le 2015-07-30 14:11, Sampsa Riikonen a écrit :
> Any consultants out there willing to get paid for implementing:
>
> 1) A vlc event for the unfortunate detection of ..
>
> "more than 5 seconds of late video -> dropping frame (computer too
> slow ?)"

That would be treating the symptoms rather than the cause... But if you
really want to go down that route, you can catch the message through a
logging callback.

> (that event should be catchable from python .. needs tweaking the
> python ctypes module as well)

Not sure about the state of callbacks in the Python bindings though.

> 2) .. or, the reinitialization / restart of mediaplayer when that
> happens ?

That would be no different than calling stop and play again.

I would guess the real problem lies somewhere in the synchronization
code. I am not familiar with that part of the code though.

http://www.remlab.net/