[vlc-devel] Request for translation files (Indian Languages)

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Thu Aug 20 14:42:54 CEST 2015

Hello!

On 20 Aug 2015, at 13:32, chandrakant dhutadmal <cpdhutadmal at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Christoph.
>
> I am facing strange issue while trying to request for Joining a language team of translators. Kindly find attached the screenshots of issues being faced.
>
> For example, I Navigate to page https://www.transifex.com/yaron/vlc-trans/language/ta/ and then try to click on Join button, it Asks for which language the request is being made for.
>
> When i try to search for Tamil, it is unavailable. Hence unable to request for Joining Tamil Team. Same thing I tried with Oriya language also. But the same error.

From what I can see here, the issue is: You already have requests for this languages open.

I see request for Tamil, Urdu and Gujarati (India) for example.

> Kindly let me know how to proceed for requesting to join these language teams.

The teams should be self organising. Since I don’t speak any of the mentioned languages, I can by no means judge if all members in a team speak the same language.

Hence the way to go is: Contact the “coordinators” for each language, i.e. “geniushkg” for gu_IN you can find them

https://www.transifex.com/yaron/teams/16553/gu_IN/

(at least with my permissions).

If you can’t find the coordinators tell me and I try to list them.

Regards

Christoph