[vlc-devel] VLC For Filipino - New Translation

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Fri Feb 6 16:46:12 CET 2015

Hello!

On 05 Feb 2015, at 12:25, Earl Peter Gangoso <earl.gangoso at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello VideoLAN team. I love your VLC media player. I would like to contribute by translating the program UI to Filipino (since I notice that there is no translation available for it).

There is already a team (nothing translated, though) for the translation into Filipino:

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/vlc-trans/

The way to go is:
Create an account at transifex (not open source, but free to use) and request to join the Filipino team.

Here are some additional hints:
http://www.videolan.org/developers/i18n/transifex-howto.html

There also exists a mailing list dedicated to translation:
translators at videolan.org

You might want to start with a smaller one (website, android, ios,..) before taking on the desktop version. Probably one where you have a device available to see your work in action..

Feel free to contact me or this mailing list with any questions
regarding translations.

Best regards

Christoph