[vlc-devel] OSS audio output plugin

Sean McGovern gseanmcg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 15:55:18 CET 2015

Hi Rémi and list members,

In my Solaris builds of VLC from Git HEAD I have noticed when using the OSS audio output plugin that the Audio Device menu does not reflect the currently selected output device (/dev/dsp by default if nothing else is specifically selected in the preferences). In fact, even though it is using the correct device, nothing is checked at all. Explicitly selecting a device from the menu does work as expected.

Can you or someone with a FreeBSD box confirm if they see the same issue?

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Sean McG.