[vlc-devel] vlc-devel Digest, Vol 93, Issue 9

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Sun Feb 8 21:20:44 CET 2015

Hello Rohit!

On 08 Feb 2015, at 18:16, Rohit Kashyap <rkgudboy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I an new in community, and would request the Mentors to help me head start in bug fixing and contribute in VLC with introductory bugs or tutorial.

There are different ways to help the project, but if you are interested in programming, you should probably start reading here:

http://www.videolan.org/developers/

The most important step is:
Compile vlc yourself. You won’t be able to fix any bugs without it.

Since there are often smaller issues, you might want to join us on IRC.
There are links and hints for both at the page linked above.

Best regards

Christoph