[vlc-devel] Accessing subtitle data from libvlc

David Potter David.Potter at ntc.com
Fri Jan 9 22:58:46 CET 2015

Hi all,

I've been reviewing the libvlc documentation, and I don't see a method
for accessing subtitle data.  Have I missed this somewhere?

I am integrating through libvlc, and I see how to count subtitle
tracks, select them, and access their descriptions.  But my need is to
actually monitor the subtitles. Ideally, I'd be able to register a
callback for an event that fires whenever the subtitle data changes, but
I'd be happy with most any method to access the data.

If this is possible, can you refer me in the right direction?

Thanks,
David