[vlc-devel] Translation Request

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Sat Jan 10 18:12:23 CET 2015

Hello!

On 08 Jan 2015, at 19:11, sami andom <eyenight at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am a user of VLC mediaplayer. I am a technician and install the software to my customers. It is very much popular in my country Eritrea and I would really love to see a Tigriniyia version of the program since English is not widely supported.

Currently, most of the translation is done on transifex. Please check:

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/vlc-trans/

The recommended way is: create a transifex account and request to create a "Tigrinya" team.

Here are some additional hints:
http://www.videolan.org/developers/i18n/transifex-howto.html

You might want to start with the smaller projects (website , android, ios, winrt) since the desktop version has a huge amount of message keys. Best to match my workflow would be: complete one after the other (I start merging complete ones) instead of starting all but completing none.

There also exists a mailing list dedicated to translation:
translators at videolan.org

Feel free to contact me or translators@ with any further questions.

Best regards

Christoph