[vlc-devel] Set of configure patches

Martell Malone martellmalone at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 06:05:35 CET 2015

> That's already bad enough and it's insane from Mingw64. But (v)asprintf()
> is
> not defined by POSIX, and ergo there is no formal requirements for it to
> be a
> function.
>
> localtime_r and gmtime_r are.
>
> I explained already that I implemented them as function which was merged
into the project
since then they have opted for using inline.
I am not the owner of the project so I have no say in changing this back to
functions.

So let me explain it clearly: You fix mingw64 or you use another toolchain.

Essentially I'm put in the same position I was last time with the lfind
patch I sent in
They conformed that function to MSDN and not POSIX for compatibility
reasons.

The same applies here they have done it for compatibility with various
projects.
and I can't change that no more than I could the last time with lfind.

I'm basically left in limbo here again heh

Some sort of call has to be made with the vlc team in regard to if
mingw-w64 4.x will be supported.
Essentially some accommodations have to be made or we are stuck at a
feature freeze.

I have created a dx11 vout for vlc and it will only build on trunk soon to
be branch 4.x
The dx11 renderer would be great improvement for WIN32, WINRT and
WindowsPhone8 ports
Without fixing this and supporting the latest mingw-w64 leaves us stuck
with dx9 and directdraw.

Kind Regards
Martell