[vlc-devel] [RFC] libvlc browsing: questions about new features

Thomas Guillem thomas at gllm.fr
Wed Jan 21 10:59:13 CET 2015

About libvlc browsing, I'll need some other features.

- I need a way to know if a libvlc_media is a directory (or is
browsable). Indeed the top level code need to know if a media should be
opened with a media player or parsed (for browsing).

- I'll also need a way to setup dialogs callbacks via libvlc in order to
dispatch vlc dialogs to libvlc users. It'll be used for smb login
dialogs, but it'll be also useful for others vlc dialogs.

- And finally, I'll need a way to get input_item ppz_options from a
libvlc_media. It'll be used to fetch "smb-login" and "smb-pwd" options
set from dsm module.

Do you agree with these 3 additions in libvlc ? Do you have any comments
? If you agree, I'll try to propose some patches.

Best regards,
Thomas Guillem.