[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] macosx: simplify creation of latency popup menu

David Fuhrmann david.fuhrmann at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 08:23:40 CEST 2015

> Am 27.07.2015 um 02:06 schrieb Felix Paul Kühne <fkuehne at videolan.org>:
>
> Hey David,
>
>> On 26 Jul 2015, at 22:18, David Fuhrmann <git at videolan.org> wrote:
>>
>> vlc | branch: master | David Fuhrmann <dfuhrmann at videolan.org> | Sun Jul 26 22:18:04 2015 +0200| [83d5c9754878b38d51b8b2d243d88a3539ad3525] | committer: David Fuhrmann
>>
>> macosx: simplify creation of latency popup menu
>
> Sorry, but this commit is wrong as it functionally reverts mine.

I hope not. ;-)

> The issue as detailed in the quoted ticket is that if you add more than 1 item with the same title to a NSMenu,

Yes I know. This is what my commit fixes as well.

Please note the small difference between [NSPopupMenuButton addItemWithTitle] (which checks for duplicate items), and [NSMenu addItemWithTitle:…] (which does not check for duplicate items). The doc for the former method also mentions this difference.
I think we used the same way to solve this problem at other places already.

Best,
David