[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] macosx: simplify creation of latency popup menu

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne at videolan.org
Mon Jul 27 02:06:30 CEST 2015

Hey David,

> On 26 Jul 2015, at 22:18, David Fuhrmann <git at videolan.org> wrote:
>
> vlc | branch: master | David Fuhrmann <dfuhrmann at videolan.org> | Sun Jul 26 22:18:04 2015 +0200| [83d5c9754878b38d51b8b2d243d88a3539ad3525] | committer: David Fuhrmann
>
> macosx: simplify creation of latency popup menu

Sorry, but this commit is wrong as it functionally reverts mine.

The issue as detailed in the quoted ticket is that if you add more than 1 item with the same title to a NSMenu, only the first item will be added and subsequent requests be ignored. Hence, I chose the approach of always creating the menu with all the options and localizing them afterwards, which a) does not lead to the previous runtime exception and b) shows the full menu with all the options as for duplicates, the renaming will fail and the initial title value remains. I agree that this is not an a superb solution.
The other approach would be to revert my commit, wait for a fix of the translation and not change the implementation at all.

Best regards,

Felix