[vlc-devel] VLC reading SDP files does not re-connect with "--loop"

Sampsa Riikonen sampsa.riikonen at iki.fi
Thu Jul 30 13:11:40 CEST 2015

On 30.07.2015 14:01, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le 2015-07-30 13:22, Sampsa Riikonen a écrit :
>>>
>>> The question makes no sense. You cannot connect (to) a multicast
>>> stream.
>>>

>> Sorry, I did not make myself clear .. I am talking about socket.bind,
>> i.e. with "reconnection" I mean ..
>
> There is absolutely no point in doing that.

ok, if you say so.

That still leaves us with the original problems A, B and C.

Any consultants out there willing to get paid for implementing:

1) A vlc event for the unfortunate detection of ..

"more than 5 seconds of late video -> dropping frame (computer too slow ?)"

(that event should be catchable from python .. needs tweaking the python
ctypes module as well)

2) .. or, the reinitialization / restart of mediaplayer when that happens ?

Regards,

Sampsa