[vlc-devel] VLC reading SDP files does not re-connect with "--loop"

Sampsa Riikonen sampsa.riikonen at iki.fi
Thu Jul 30 16:50:21 CEST 2015

Dear List (and Remi),

Pretty-please, one final question on this issue..

I have been able to pin-point this bug/error into a few simple steps
that anyone can easily try @home:
(you might actually need a crappy network to reproduce this)

Launch vlc with:

vlc -vvv filename.sdp

Where filename.sdp points to a multicast stream from an ip camera, then

1) I press "pause"

2) I wait for a few seconds

3) I press play again

=> vlc goes into the state

"more than 5 seconds of late video -> dropping frame (computer too slow ?)"

and never recovers again, unless ..

4) I press "stop" and then "play" again

So, I guess that issuing "stop" clears buffers, closes sockets, etc. and
that's the difference.

Or else, what is going on?

Regards,

Sampsa