[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Remove using namespace std; from C++ code

Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen hugo at beauzee.fr
Mon Jun 22 16:31:42 CEST 2015

On 22/06/2015 16:15, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:

> This is pointless if not actively harmful. Our public headers must be
> usable in external C++ applications code with or without the std
> namespace. AFAIU, this change hides bug that will then strike third
> parties after we release.

My understanding of public headers in this context is "anything in the
include/vlc folder", which isn't affected by this commit.
It is indeed hiding a bug, or rather working around it, please refer to
the ticket linked in Thomas' commit.

> Also arguable we should be ready for underlying C++ library headers to
> invoke the std namespace.

I'm not sure to understand what you mean here.

Regards,

--
Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen