[vlc-devel] Outreachy Summer 2015

Sirnam Swetha sirnam.swetha at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 11:21:15 CET 2015

Hello,

I am Swetha, I'm a research student. My area of interest is Computer
Vision. One of my projects involved working with VLC. The project was to
created an application similar to webinar but the goal was to have no load
on server( no video streaming from server ). In that project VLC library
was used and extended. It would be great if I could work with VideoLAN
during Summers as my Outreachy project.

I have seen all the project ideas, all seemed interesting! But, I am a bit
more inclined towards these projects CC EIA-708 Closed Caption Support, VLC
Test Suite, VLC Sync Play across devices. But for selection what is the
criteria ? I have seen the short projects page, and I think it would be
better if I start with 'Code Janitorial' so that I get much more idea about
VLC internals. Please, suggest me where do I start from ? I have
successfully installed and setup VLC.

Thanks.

--
*Swetha*