[vlc-devel] Does aribb24 support brazilian portuguese?

Eric Omine eric.omine at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 00:39:22 CET 2015

> Frankly, it's targetted at japanese.
> Someone skilled could extend it, but I expect work is needed on aribb24
and vlc module.

I did think it wouldn't probably work, but I hoped that the char set used
for Portuguese would merely be a subset of the Japanese one.

On the other hand, I think that extending aribb24 is the easiest way to
have some software that can decode Brazilian closed caption, the PES
parsing is already there. And all other solutions I've seen are for
embedded systems and expensive.

Maybe I'll try to extend it myself if I do find the appropriate
documentation for the ISDB-Tb standard.

Best regards