[vlc-devel] Request for translation files (Indian Languages)

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Tue Mar 24 19:26:39 CET 2015

Hello!

On 24 Mar 2015, at 10:54, chandrakant dhutadmal <cpdhutadmal at yahoo.com> wrote:

Looks like weblate can add new languages (I only checked documentation so far), so it should be possible to collect new translations to not yet available languages.

> On 16 Mar 2015, at 13:16, chandrakant dhutadmal <cpdhutadmal at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > As per the information available on https://www.videolan.org/developers/i18n/vlc-howto.html, i would like to request for translation files (.po files) for following Indian languages for latest version of VLC Player.
> >
> > ·        Assamese
> > ·        Bodo
> > ·        Dogri
> > ·        Kashmiri- (Using Perso Arabic Script)
> > ·        Kashmiri- (Using Devnagari Script)
> > ·        Konkani- (Using Devnagari Script)
> > ·        Konkani- (Using Roman Script)
> > ·        Maithili
> > ·        Manipuri - (Using Meetei Mayek Script)
> > ·        Manipuri - (Using Bengali Script)
> > ·        Oriya
> > ·        Sanskrit
> > ·        Santali - (Using Ol-Chiki Script)
> > ·        Santali - (Using Devnagari Script)
> > ·        Sindhi- (Using Perso Arabic Script)
> > ·        Sindhi- (Using Devnagari Script)
> > ·        Urdu

So, if UTF-8 supports all of this, creating them should be possible.

If you want to use this languages, we will have to check for support on the target systems, I am willing to see how to get them included into cldr.
AFAICT glibc, android, osx, windows all use it.

Anyway, I have no personal experience with it and expect it to take some time (i.e. caused by release cycles).

Best regards

Christoph