[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] audio_filter: only one module for all simple channel mixers

Thomas Guillem thomas at gllm.fr
Wed Sep 2 10:50:16 CEST 2015

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015, at 16:00, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> On Thursday 27 August 2015 15:50:32 Thomas Guillem wrote:

> > > What is the benefit here? It seems like it just makes the
> > > platform-agnostic plugin needlessly complicated and ugly.
> >
> > The init code in the neon module was wrong and was not updated like
> > channel_mixer/simple.c was,
>
> So fix it?

This was my way of fixing it, by using the same code for both.

> > Since these 2 modules should have the
> > same initialization code, I decided to use only one module.
>
> I still fail to see the point.
>
> > There was an other solution: the neon channel mixer being a submodule of the
> > simple channel mixer but it is as complicated as my solution.
>
> Both are much more complicated than keeping separate modules like we
> almost
> always do. Not to mention what happens if someone wants to add a third
> platform there...

It's quite easy to add a third platform here: add a simple_<platform>.h
and do like I did for simple_neon.h.
I know that this MACRO magic is not as clear as before but I preferred
that the neon mixer benefits from the patches of the general mixer.