[vlc-devel] Anything you need me to work on?

Edward Wang edward.c.wang at compdigitec.com
Mon Sep 7 04:13:09 CEST 2015

On 2015-09-06 18:45, Ryan Li <yiyuan.li54 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> My name is Randy and I'm new to the group. I'm a student in college
> right now, I have a few years of programming experience, and I joined
> so that I could sharpen my programming skills. I've looked around the
> various sites including the bug tracker and the wiki page. Do you guys
> have any recommendations on what bug/miniproject would make me be
> helpful to the cause right now or for the foreseeable future?

What operating system are you using (Windows/Mac/Linux)? Did you compile
VLC already? Usually the first step to developing VLC is to compile it.
See http://wiki.videolan.org/Compile_VLC

Alternatively, you could also beta test nightly builds - see
http://nightlies.videolan.org/#.

To receive answers, you should also subscribe to this (vlc-devel)
mailing list, since you will not get answers unless you are explicitly
subscribed.

Finally, you can also join us on IRC: see http://wiki.videolan.org/IRC -
please have some patience and don’t close the window just 5 minutes
without an answer.

Regards,
Edward