[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] packetizer: mpegvideo: parse color details if present

Ilkka Ollakka ileoo at videolan.org
Sat Apr 23 13:17:14 CEST 2016

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 02:43:01PM +0200, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le 2016-04-18 14:18, git at videolan.org a écrit :
> > +            int8_t color_primaries = p_frag->p_buffer[5];
> > +            int8_t color_transfer  = p_frag->p_buffer[6];
> > +            int8_t color_matrix    = p_frag->p_buffer[7];

> This is UB if byte values have high order bit set.

Hi,

Sorry I'm not quite sure what you mean. If they have high order bit set
they go negative values, but those bitstreams are anyway out of bounds
what is defined to be valid and present.

If you mean that there can be some other issue to put value to int8_t
from buffer, I can fix the issue if you can give pointer on issue.

--
Ilkka Ollakka
Q:	What is the difference between Texas and yogurt?