[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Tag 2.2.3 : VLC media player 2.2.3 'WeatherWax'

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Tue Apr 26 19:04:59 CEST 2016

On 26 Apr, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> On the one hand, I try my best to enforce technical soundness regardless of
> any immediate business interests of VideoLabs in code reviews - on my free

On this part, I have to say that the difficult to merge patches
(chromecast, decoder fallback, browsing) are done by the probono part of
Videolabs, aka Tguillem, Steve, Francois, Hugo, Filip, and are done to
improve VLC, not for any customers.

What our clients ask for is mostly support and libVLC integration, and
it is extremely rare that this require changes in vlc.git (I have just
one client in mind).

Moreover, I already propose to pay for those code reviews, which are
appreciated (even if tough, sometimes).

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734