[vlc-devel] Decoupling Ogg-Demuxer

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sat Jan 23 19:29:20 CET 2016

Le 2016-01-16 15:42, Michael Tänzer a écrit :
> a) Just go with the existing approach and intermingle the OggSpots
> codec
> with the demuxer. This would also mean that for the codec
> implementation
> to be useful it would need to be included with the main VLC
> distribution.
>
> b) Decouple all the Ogg mess and allow new codecs to be plugged in
> just
> by loading a new module.

So you want to add a new "depayloader" plugin layer between the demuxer
and the elementary stream output? I suppose that would be OK; I
considered doing that for RTP too, but never found the time.

However, as already noted, we need to keep the Ogg decoders (Vorbis,
Theora, ...) as they are. Those are used by other demuxers than Ogg.

http://www.remlab.net/