[vlc-devel] [VLCKit - tvOS] libVLC build broken

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Fri Mar 25 14:58:45 CET 2016

Hi Stefan,

On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 13:32:42 +0100
Stefan Schmidt-Bilkenroth <ssb at mac.com> wrote:

> I more or less rebuild VLCKit including libVLC from scratch every few days.
> I am using the build script which is part of VLCKit.
>
> Since yesterday the build is breaking during libVLC build with error message
>
> In file included from src/code.c:9:
> ./inc/config.h:12:28: warning: '/*' within block comment [-Wcomment]
> /*efine SIGHANDLER_T    int             /* signal handlers are void     */
>                                         ^
> ./inc/config.h:13:28: warning: '/*' within block comment [-Wcomment]
> /*efine HAS_SYSV_SIGNAL 1               /* sigs not blocked/reset?      */
>                                         ^
> ./inc/config.h:25:27: warning: '/*' within block comment [-Wcomment]
> /*efine HAS__FSETMODE   1               /* _fsetmode -- set file mode   */
>                                         ^
> ./inc/config.h:28:26: warning: '/*' within block comment [-Wcomment]
> /*efine HAS_STRINGS_H   1               /* /usr/include/strings.h       */
>                                         ^
> ./inc/config.h:32:23: warning: '/*' within block comment [-Wcomment]
> /*efine HAS_UTIMES      1               /* use utimes() syscall instead */
>                                         ^
> ./inc/config.h:35:28: warning: '/*' within block comment [-Wcomment]
> /*efine HAS_UTIMEUSEC   1               /* microseconds in utimbuf?     */
>                                         ^
> src/code.c:95:8: error: implicitly declaring library function 'memcpy' with
> type 'void *(void *, const void *, unsigned
> long)' [-Werror,-Wimplicit-function-declaration] (void)memcpy( (char
> *)S->dp0, (char *)(S->dp0 + 160), ^ src/code.c:95:8: note: include the header
> <string.h> or explicitly provide a declaration for 'memcpy' 6 warnings and 1
> error generated.
>
> This is caused while building contrib gsm. Looks like either stdlib.h isn't
> included or the alternating declaration of memcpy does not work, whatever is
> happening during the build. Maybe some config step is giving incorrect
> results.
>
> Can you please check?
>
> PS: copy of what I have posted in the forum. Just posting the full error
> here. I can’t see the command line with the options passed to clang for
> building.

I don't know what VLCkit is (but now I do - https://wiki.videolan.org/VLCKit/ ),
but normally you can see the entire output (including the clang/gcc/etc.
command line) by doing  the following:

	$ make 2>&1 | tee ~/make.output.txt

Or:

	$ make VERBOSE=1 2>&1 | tee ~/make.output.txt

Are you using Mac OS X?

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish