[vlc-devel] HRTF renderer supporting the SOFA format
jb at videolan.org
Sun Oct 2 22:06:42 CEST 2016
On 01 Oct, Christian Hoene wrote :
> one year ago, Wolfgang Hrauda has written a plugin for SOFA HRTF formats
Yes, that's nice.
> I have updated it to be include in the latest master
This requires a lot more work, before being merged, to be honest.
On top of my head:
- it should split the filter from the ui commits, and the 3rd party
- it should not use and copy-paste a resampling library blindly.
- the fft code is ugly and very hard to review (FIXED_POINT define,
numerous ugly macros, inline asm....
- I'd argue strongly that it should be LGPL,
- do we really need netcdf?
- the preferences options are confusing and completely obtuse
(filename1 to 3?) Why do we want 3 files?
- Where are the reference HRTF to use?
> Question 1: What kind of head tracking are you considering for the 360 videos?
We will need quite a few head tracking modules, I'm afraid.
With my kindest regards,
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734
Sent from my Electronic Device
More information about the vlc-devel